Success Factors: Sales Performance Management, Sales and Marketing
T-Mobile wanted to efficiently and cost-effectively administer sales incentives and compensation for national retail, channel and partner sales reps (over 15 thousand people). SmartTek21 Managed Service team architected, specified and built a next-generation sales Incentive Compensation Solution (ICM). Building on the strength of IBM’s Enterprise ICM Framework, SmartTek21 delivered a leading-edge solution well beyond the scope of standard-fare ICM schema that was completely tailored to T-Mobile’s needs.
T-Mobile Realizes True Impact of Sales Teams
T-Mobile Achieved Success Powered by SmarTek21's Sales Performance Management (SPM) Services
SmartTek21 Custom IBM ICM implementation provided the following cutting-edge, National Sales Channel ICM features and benefits:
- Reduced 5,000 man-hours per month in administering the entire incentive compensation program saving millions of dollars and countless hours of staff frustration
- 100-percent payback on Managed Service billings within the first eight months of the system implementation
- Enabling VP-level sales leaders with strategic oversight by giving them critical metrics and the BI of a real-time dashboard for strategic decision-making informed by price, margin, volume, and channel data
- Delivering strategic insights in providing Business Intelligence functionality for T-Mobile Leadership for use in planning and launching and tuning innovative incentives plans and programs; over 3 billion dollars of commissions have been processed with 100 percent accuracy
- Unprecedented macro and micro-level tuning of an incentivized sales channel with a sales force motivated by earning performance-variable pay reducing the evaluation time frame by 3 months
- The ease with which Compensation Leaders and their Administrators are now able to quickly and accurately adjust and update the date-effective incentivization data without IT assistance as reduced IT ticket volumes by 30%.
T-Mobile needed an ICM solution to manage precise time and geolocation, short and long-term incentivized sales campaigns and programs. The current systems lacked the unified business reporting and data interoperability for sales management at all levels to best understand up-to-the-minute customer and corporate sales performance at national, regional and individual levels. Accuracy and clarity was also in question among the sales force and campaigns launched ahead of sales incentive record keeping; This caused a lack of trust and transparency between the operations and sales teams. Also the speed at which the sales organization needed to move was not keeping up with current solutions.
SmartTek 21 was challenged to deliver a complete, custom solution, with performance requirements well beyond industry-standard Incentive Compensation Management Solutions. Precisely constructed and timely this next-level Compensation Plan could deliver rocket-fuel for national, regional, district and individual sale goals.
SmartTek21’s approach was to two-fold; leverage a customized, unique IBM ICM implementation to address the time and complexity of the project while securing long-term value for scale and change. SmartTek21 embraced the existing T-Mobile roadmap to deliver a tailored ICM specified to extreme requirements and complexity of the T-Mobile sales channel
SmartTek21’s Solution team engineered a POC that could resulting integrate with SAP, PeopleSoft, and other core systems along with personalized dashboards for sales personnel, managers, and executive.
T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company’s advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers wireless services to 69.6 million customers who require good quality and high value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS.